14th International HCH and Pesticides Forum
The Government of Aragon, as coordinator of the 14th International HCH and Pesticides Forum
within the framework of the LIFE SURFING European Project, declares, through this document, its intention that said forum, which will be held from February 21 to 24, 2023, consistent with the management principles and values ??of the project, is managed in a sustainable manner.
To do this, it will guarantee that the necessary human and material resources are provided to the involvement of all people, both from the organization and from the interested parties involved, in the development and improvement of said management, adopting sustainability criteria, from an economic, social, and environmental point of view.
Thus, in all phases of activities included in the management of the Forum, the following principles will govern:
• Promotion of a culture that integrates and sensitizes all the parties involved, based on the orientation towards excellence, innovation, responsibility, protection and respect for people and the environment.
• Establishment of a safe work environment based on communication, equality and respect, which allows the development of the event in a socially responsible manner.
• Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, in terms of quality management, environment and occupational health and safety.
• Promotion of participation and communication with stakeholders.
• Involving the interested parties in the achievement of the planned objectives, including their link with the Sustainable Development Goals.
• Management of events in a transparent and effective manner, with a clear commitment to the principles of governance in the defined scope and leadership in the management of sustainable events.
• Adoption of the necessary measures to prevent pollution and improve environmental performance, identifying the environmental aspects related to the event in all its phases and minimizing the resulting impacts.
• Integration in the management of economic, social and environmental aspects aimed at sustainable development, safety at work and continuous improvement.
The system must be documented and implemented, leaving evidence through the necessary records of its implementation, as well as the results obtained.
The Sustainability Policy of the 14th International HCH and Pesticides Forum is available to the general public and interested parties, through the website https://www.hchforum.com/